A grillage analysis for 8 main skewed beams supported on pinned or rotational springs over 2 spans using a stiffness matrix based on 3 degrees of freedom at each joint – vertical deflection and 2 rotations. Loading is by joint forces or moments in 2 directions. Optional support conditions allow integral bridge decks and ‘ladder’ type bridges (2 main beams) to be analysed. Differential settlement can be modelled as required.
Contents (69 pages)
- General arrangement allowing definition of geometry
- input data for beam and support properties
- loading input and results summary for key shear, moment and displacement results
- matrix parameters and full set of results – differential settlement analysis
- validation using structural analysis software